Bee's Hive

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Getting together swap items

While I was watching Project Runway I put together a sample needle case. Of course it's not sewn together yet but I think it will be fine with a little embellishment. These string blocks go together so fast!




Getting back to my swap items today. The Bebe Birds are coming along. The beading is taking a lot longer then I planned, but then, I'm the one who keeps adding beads!




I also decided to do needle cases for a swap and hostess gifts. When I embroider or bead I am always looking for my scissors so I decided to add a spot for that. My new found love and that of many other's doing embroidery or CQ'ing is the Success Strips: http://www.embroiderysuccess-strips.com/ I decided to leave an opening behind the felt needle keeper for them and I am also adding a small pin cushion attached with a ribbon.



After deciding my design, I also decided to do them in strings. If this goes fast, and I think it should, I'll be making 24, a few extra as hostess gifts, one for a friend and one for myself. With that said, if I'm going to make 28, I might as well round that out to 30 because there is always someone you forgot. I'll up date this later as I make progress.




1 comment:

NickiLee said...

Holee - I really like your needlebook design - love the idea of having a place for your scissors too! And string blocks - aren't they the best for just about everything!