Bee's Hive

Friday, October 17, 2008

Needle case progress

Here they are, 30 needle case fronts! They go from dark to light and will have matching pin cushions.

I have always avoided any messages on strings. I knew if I tried them they would soon cover my sewing room just because they seemed so simple and eye catching. A friend sent me a package a few weeks ago and used strings for packing. When I opened the box I knew I was in trouble!

I packed them in their own container and slid them under the day bed in the sewing room. When I was going through my stash looking for fabric's for the needle cases, my eyes drifted to the container. Twenty minutes later I had whipped up an 10 x 8 needle case front..you know it, I was hooked! Thirty cases later the over stuffed container is down to one very small roll of strips, how sad!

No comments: