Bee's Hive

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My first carving..done! Ta da

I can tell you one thing, a slip of the knife and Santa becomes a wizard or gold rush panhandler! The eyes are not a clean cut so he ended up with just a dot of blue for an eye. He also has a problem with his mouth being too far down. I was so busy with his mustache I didn't leave room for a mouth so I just slid it in where I could. Maybe not a good idea?

I still have all my fingers and although he is crude, I'm told I used the wrong wood and knife..I just love him anyway!

7 comments:

Gina said...

Well done. I think he's great

Love and husg Gina xxx

Sherry said...

I think he's cute and a whole lot better than anything I would ever come up with!

tisme said...

I think he is just great! And I am sure I could not have done that good, whether I had the right knifes or not!

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

I think that he came out wonderful :) I could never do anything like this - I'm not good with sharp objects LOL

elsie123 said...

He looks great! I'm assuming you still have your fingers and thumbs, so that's another good thing!

Tom H said...

Super first carving! But just you wait till you get the carving knife and some good Basswood. You'll really have some fun then. But be carefull It can become addicting. Great job Bea.

Donna said...

He's great, I just love him. I know you enjoyed doing it and that the best part of all.