Bee's Hive

Sunday, January 25, 2009

WHERE TO GO WITH THIS LITTLE QUILT?

I rarely use a pattern. I have all the fancy software and have never tried to learn to use it. I just get one block in mind and then let the quilt take me to wherever it wants to go.

I am swap mama on HGTV for a mini swap. I have 2 partners for this one because there was an odd number of ladies swapping. The mini is a secret but we shared colors we liked or didn't like. My first partner asked for pinks or pastels.

Since these are due the beginning of April I wanted to do spring. The first block that came to mind was a tulip. It's amazing how many designs you can get out of 20 little 3 1/2 inch blocks!







After looking at all of them I came up with a few more options but will have to make a few more blocks to see how they look. I still want to stay with the garden theme so the stars will be out. For now I don't know where this little quilt will take me. I only know that I'll hand quilt it.
The second little quilt will be blue's. That one I won't be able to show because that partner does come to blog land. I already have that one half done. It's turning out pretty cute!

3 comments:

JessicaSews said...

I love the soft colors.
The blocks are wonderful!

~ Jes

Donna said...

That is so pretty. I love the colors and tulips. I too have fallen for pastels, I ordered some last week hope they get here soon. After see you little pretty, I can hardly wait. I really like the layout of the top pic. I finally got my top pieced today. I went through about 6-7 layout before I finally decide on one. I think it might be a bit tricky to quilt with all the seams meeting up on the back side, so I will probably have to do minimal quilting. I think your quilt is going to be so adorable and the design is perfect for the fabrics. Someone is going to be very happy when they get this.

Gina said...

I love the layout in the third picture. that large white space is just right for quilting a motif.

Love and hugs Gina xxx