Bee's Hive

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Just a few things going on

It's the little things that take so long to figure out. I spent 3 days trying to make a pattern for doll shoes. I have a collection of 1950's dolls. Several are made by Ideal, Saucy Walker was always one of my favorites and I have two of them. The oldest one has a canvas like shoe that is getting pretty decayed and eventually will just fall apart. It didn't look like it would be a hard job to make a pattern, find a leather handbag at goodwill and make her new shoes. I must have drawn the shoe 20 or 30 times before I got it right and long enough for her foot. Now to find just the right weight leather.


















Next small item I fooled around with was orgami folded fabric animals. It's very hard to try and follow a pattern in a book when it's laying flat on a table. I discovered an old 8 x 10 photo frame, the kind that is all clear and you slip the photo inbetween the plastic. It works perfect for holding a book up with the help of a hair pinchy on the other side of the book.




I also had to figure out a way to travel alone in an airport without my power chair. I'll be going to Pittsburgh for medical care in December.  I know I'll be waiting in a long line for a long time. Standing is not something I can do for any length of time. Then there is my bag to carry and of course I'm looking forward to being assaulted since I have a plate in my foot and have no choice of going through the naked machine.  So I ended up with this new cart that will take care of not standing and also the carry on bag.



3 comments:

JessicaSews said...

Hello Holee!
Thought I'd pay you a visit!

I like the little elephants!


Oh, the airport shuffle...I hope they treat you well. I too am not looking forward to the "pat-downs" and such. :0
I'll be thinking of you as you travel and get yourself well.

Lois said...

Let us know of your travel plans so we can keep "good thoughts" going your way. I hope you have ease in going through airport security. Get well as I want to meet you at the retreat in Charlotte in April. Chanlady

Shogun said...

Hi Holee - when do you leave?

Good luck with the whole airport thing.

I am trying to get back into reading blogs, once again. I have to update my page.

I want to see the shoes you end up making for the dolls. Great idea to use an old purse.