Bee's Hive

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Meat Grinder

Friday the meat grinder arrived. We bought a 2 lb. piece of organic beef on Saturday. Today I ground the meat in less then one minute!

 I usually do the main shopping for the month and write a plan for meals. After thinking about meals I realized I use more ground meat then I thought.  Stuffed peppers, stuffed cabbage, hamburgers, meatballs, meat loaf, chili mac, lasagna, manwich sandwich, etc. I also use ground veal and pork in my meatballs and ground ham patties when we have leftover baked ham. I love this machine!

3 comments:

Rita said...

You sure have a nice looking meat grinder. When I think of a grinder I think of the kind we used at home that braced to a chair or table and I ground the meat by hand. Funny! Meat grinders have changed a lot since then. I'll have to look into getting one of these.

elsie123 said...

Can you tell a big difference in taste? I would think so. Here's to a better burger...and it has to be healthier too.ff

Sherry said...

I have one of those clamp on meat grinders Rita mentioned.

Also, if you have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, you can get a meat grinder attachment for it.