Bee's Hive

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Flower garden quilt

It's been over 2 years since I put this quilt away to move from Texas. It needed some kind of border but the quilt is already large so I wanted to keep it down to just something of interest but small. I'll most likely round the corners to make a smooth binding.



I never did like the way prairie points end up looking at the corners so I might change/add those. Now I have 3 large quilts to finish, this one, the puzzle quilt and the batterburg lace quilt...and I keep saying I'm done with large quilts!  But before I ended my large quilt life I had to make at least one for myself. I already have someone in mind to give this one too since she rave's about it every time I post a photo of it. It always just makes it seem worthwhile knowing someone else is enjoying something I made. I don't even have this girls address!  But, she lives in Pittsburgh and since I'm going there in April for the doctor appointment I thought she might like to have a cup of coffee with me at the hotel...and then surprise her with the quilt.

I bet you are wondering about the bed, living room carpet, table and wagon...Strange people!...I'll get to that in another post.

1 comment:

Shawkl said...

Oh, I remember this quilt. I'm glad that you are getting back to it...it is so pretty. Have to say...I did wonder about that wagon when I saw the picture. Hugs!
Kathy58