Bee's Hive

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Treatment starts

I made it through last week, 5 radiation treatments. They were hard. I'm left with 80% more pain then before we started. They told me these are side effects. The tumor is most likely fighting back and swollen against a nerve which is causing the pain. They asked what I wanted to do..stop treatments, take a break or march on and hope I get relief.

Today was treatment 6. Tomorrow is treatment 7, and that's how I'm going to deal with it, one day at a time. The burns are much worse then they expected on my back. When I took a shower yesterday I smelled like a burning down house when I ran the warm water over myself. I just want to know when the fires will go out.

I often wondered if the little I do, like the pillow cases for the kids, matter to anyone. Now I have the answer first hand. Today they had "Feel Better" day. Everyone got to pick from beautiful things made by local ladies. Now I do all these things myself so you would think they would mean less to me. That's not true. It made me feel cared for and loved to have a beautiful handmade gift to take home. So I would say keep on supporting your local groups because all of us who are fighting need that special gift every now and again!

Here is the lap blanket I got today. I love the soft sage and off white. Now how to find out how to thank these ladies and maybe add some wool to their collection to replace what they used.

3 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Wow..Bea...This is some post...from the awful to the lovely...I can barely watch your torture...Terrible. Then, the good knowledge of the goodness of giving. I love your new blanket and I love that you got to choose. Why does life have to be so hard? Sending you love. Diane

Rita said...

Oh My Bea....the lap blanket is beautiful! Like you I love the colors. I have been praying for you. It hurts me to know that you are suffering these radiation treatments. You have been good to so many and now for this to happen to you is unthinkable to me. I will research to see if anything helps to take the pain out of the burn. Many thoughts and prayers for you each day. ~ Rita

Rita said...

Bea, we have not heard how you are for a month. Do you have the strength to write a sentence or two and let us know? Thinking of you. ~ Rita