Bee's Hive

Monday, March 21, 2016

Sometimes you need to be naughty!

I've been dealing with 15 radiation treatments this past month. It was a lot harder then I expected it to be. The burns and blisters are just now leaving and finally I am able to stay awake for most of the day.

I needed something to do sitting down so I started working on ripping out the stitches of one of the last quilts I will be making. I don't know why I used dark purple to quilt it with but it's not for me! I've been snipping the back and snipping the front and picking the stitches out with a tweezers for weeks. It finally got to me today! I felt like ripping the quilt up and throwing it as far as my weak arms could manage.

Instead I put it aside for now. I only have 6 more blocks to do so maybe next week I can handle it again. I'll use white or a pastel to quilt it with this time. I looked at my friends quilt that she did with dark orange and I like it. I just didn't like mine.



It just put me in a rare mood that I wanted to do something naughty or not so nice....so I turned to the train platform to help out my naughty artistic feelings.  I started with a waterfall and lots of foam like waterfalls produce. Then I picked out several 2 inch people, sanded their clothing off and dabbed them with a little paint...he he he....naughty, naughty....I'm sure this has put me on Santa's list! But the people look like they are having fun...like the hot springs in Colo. that I used to enjoy when I lived there.  I need to add one more person laying on the rocks.  Mr. Man is wearing a brown bathing suit. I should have made it blue or green and maybe I'll do that if my hands are steady enough. My naughty people make me laugh!


2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Holee. You are always on my mind and in my prayers. Your blogging buddy from Texas!!!

Rita said...

I commented yesterday but it didn't go through. Probably "my bad." Unsure what I did. Have a good day. Hope it is sunny like it is here.